For additional information submit your inquiry below, call, or email us and a member of our staff will get back to you.
Please have your owner or payee number available.

Frequently Asked Questions

Account Information

For Security purposes, a change of address will not be accepted over the telephone. You can write us or fill out a change of address form. You may send the change of address form via regular mail, e-mail, or fax it to us. We require your name, owner number, phone number, old address, new address and signature.

  • Email: OwnerRels@foundationenergy.com
  • Phone: (855) 971-4357
  • Fax: (303) 861-0604
  • Mailing Address: 5057 Keller Springs Road, Suite 650, Addison, TX 75001

If you’ve had a name change, we will require a copy of the document that supports this change. For example, marriage license, divorce decree, etc.

Please have the following information available:

  • Your name as it appears on the check
  • Your owner number


Direct Deposit is not currently available.

If you’ve lost your check, please call (855) 971-4357 for assistance. We will put a stop payment on your check and issue you a new one.

Please leave a message concerning your request and include the following information:

  • Your name as it appears on the check
  • Your owner number
  • Date of check

If you would like to know the current amount in your account at any give time, please call (855) 971-4357 or email us at ownerrels@foundationenergy.com.

If you would like to receive a revenue check when your account balance reaches at least $25, or annually for amounts below $10, please submit a request by filling out the Owner Relations Inquiries form at the bottom of the page.

You may also mail the request to:

Foundation Energy Management, LLC
Attn: Owner Relations
5057 Keller Springs Road, Suite 650
Addison, TX 75001

Revenue checks are issued on the last day of each month when the owner’s account has a balance of at least $100. Annually, in October, payments are issued for any owner with an account balance of at least $10 that has not received a check for the calendar year.


Our office will need a copy of the Final Divorce Decree and copies of recorded conveyances.

If you’ve sold your interest, please provide us with a copy of the recorded conveyance document. A transfer of interest cannot be processed without the documentation that has been placed of record in the county and state where the lease is located.

Guardianships: When an owner is declared incompetent, please furnish Letters of Guardianship issued by the local court.

Bankruptcy: Our office will need copies of the court order appointing the Trustee, and if appropriate, the recorded Conveyances and the court order confirming any sales

Termination of Joint Tenancy: Furnish a copy of the death certificate and the current address/social security number of the new owner.

Life Tenant (Life Estate): When an owner of a life estate interest dies, our office will need a copy of the death certificate and the names, addresses and social security numbers (if available) of the persons who own the Remainder and who succeed to the interest. In some instances, we will need further information including a copy of the documents which originally create the life tenancy and named the successors.

For more detailed answers to any questions, Please call (855) 971-HELP (4357) or write to:

Foundation Energy Management, LLC
Attn: Division Order Department
5057 Keller Springs Rd, Suite 650
Addison, TX 75001

Payments may differ for numerous reasons. An owner could have Federal Backup Withholding taken from their check, or Non-Resident Tax Laws may create the difference. The difference could also occur due to the rounding of decimal interests (NRI), or one owner may be setup with a different minimum check threshold. A family member could also have additional interests in other properties. Please remember that it is our policy to not discuss any other owner’s interest even if they are a family member for security purposes.


This information is required pursuant to IRS regulations and failing to provide it will result in a 24% back up withholding tax and a $50.00 penalty. A SSN/TIN is considered to be incorrect if either the name or the number shown on the account does not match the name and the number combination shown on the records of the Social Security Administration or the IRS tax records.

1099 Forms are required by law to be mailed out by January 31st. If you have not received your Form 1099 within 1 month after that date, you may contact Owner Relations to receive a duplicate. The duplicate will be emailed or mailed.

You need to be sure that we have your current address and tax identification
number. Forms to correct either of these are available for you on our website.

Foundation Energy Management, LLC cannot provide tax advice. You will need to contact your tax advisor regarding questions concerning your tax return.

Owner Relation Inquiries

    Useful Documents

    Heirs Information Sheet
    (Transfer of mineral interest due to the death of an Owner)
    Affidavit of Heirship
    Change of Address
    W-9 Form